Wednesday 24 July 2013

Sucre, Citron and Weasley Twins

Bon Jour! After finishing my first year living in New York I am traveling around once again. First stop: Paris!
I arrived Monday in the late afternoon, and made my way to the Vianu apartment, the friends of family friends who I'll be staying with for the week. After having a beautiful homemade meal by mother of the house K-Rae, she, her daughter Isabelle (who is my age and going to NYU with me next year!) and I went for an evening stroll along the Seine. We then returned home where I collapsed from jet lag exhaustion.
Yesterday morning, or rather, afternoon, Isabelle and I waited around for the thunder storms to pass before heading out with her friend Caroline to explore Le Marais and the Latin Quarter.
We passed by Notre Dame
 And strolled around the Luxenberg gardens.


We then stopped for crêpes in the Latin Quarter. I don't know why I was surprised that they actually used orange blossom water in the batter- I should have assumed they would know how to do it right! Anyways, it was delicious. Sucre et citron- sugar and lemon. My favorite. 
 
 After filling our bellies, we sat down to rest at a nearby cafe, where we were served drinks by a waiter who was very much the French equivalent of Fred and George from Harry Potter. He was quite entertaining, especially his little dance moves while collecting the payment.

Today I woke up and headed to meet my friend Sophie (adopted older sister from New Zealand, living in London who I visited last summer and happens to be visiting Paris this week as well), her mother, Joanna and her friend Lucy. We spent the day walking around Pigalle and Montmartre, stopping at the Sacre Coeur and then having the menu dejeuner at a small restaurant. Of course, the food was delicious. I started with artichoke carpaccio, followed by a main course of seared cod with tomato sauce and vegetables, finished with a cafe macchiato. Yum yum yum.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I'm just NOW getting these posts. My PC (which has my fb info) has been out of commission for over a year!!! I'm so envious of all your "foodie" adventures ... Your descriptions are so scrumptious! And what wonderful opportunities you have had with all the travel, locals to stay with, family connections, etc., etc. Oh so grand a life experience. And with a blog you can springboard into a book or two some day.

    ReplyDelete